Earn University Credit

Acknowledge your learning with university credit from the nationally accredited School of Education at California State University, Chico by accruing 15 hours for 1 unit of university credit for your NAEA professional development efforts. Participate in 15 NAEA webinars (live or archived) or combine the webinar hours with the NAEA Virtual Conference hours to reach your 15 hours.

To earn university credit, you must accrue your 15, 30, or 45 hours of NAEA learning within the same twelve-month period. Submit your NAEA Virtual Art Educators record of participation to Regional and Continuing Education at CSU, Chico along with the required application fee; enroll in EDUC 831. 

Visit http://rce.csuchico.edu/teachers/naea for course information, deadlines, and registration.

  • EDUC 831X: Current Issues in Art Education (accrue 15, 30, or 45 hours from the webinars, virtual conferences). Registration open now through May 1 for spring. Cost: $85 for 15 hours, $170 for 30 hours, or $255 for 45 hours.
  • EDUC 812: Art Education (1 unit for attending and participating in the NAEA Convention). Cost: $85.

Click here for a podcast detailing everything you need to know to apply for university credit through the nationally accredited School of Education at California State University, Chico.

How to Download Your CSU Transcript

1. Go to the “PROFILE" tab and enter your address, click "Save"
2. Then go to the “DASHBOARD" tab
3. Click on “Transcript" (blue button directly under “My Dashboard" at top)
4. Go to “Filter by type" and change it to “Credit Hour"
5. Click “Download as PDF"

Frequently Asked Questions
About Earning University Credit
for NAEA Opportunities

Why should I enroll in university credit?
University credits are accepted by most school districts as evidence of high quality professional development for the purpose of licensure, assessment, and compensation. NAEA professional development activities (see the chart below) allow you to earn university credits through California State University, Chico. The credits are posted to a permanent transcript that can be documented any time you need it.

May I earn graduate credit?
Graduate credit is an option if you are participating in NAEA's School for Art Leaders (SAL). Research and a reflective paper will be part of the requirements to earn a letter grade in CSU, Chico's graduate course: EDCI 622 Curriculum Development and Instruction Arts.

How many university credits may I earn?
You decide how many professional development activities you wish to pursue. Every 15, 30, or 45 hours of NAEA professional learning in any 12-month period equals one unit of university credit.

How do I earn university credit?

  • Accrue hours by participating in NAEA learning opportunities.
  • Enroll in the appropriate CSU, Chico course.
  • Access your personalized record from Virtual Art Educators by visiting virtualarteducators.org and log in using your unique credentials. Click “Dashboard", select the “Transcript" button, and enter the applicable date range. Download your personalized NAEA record as a PDF.
  • Submit your NAEA record to CSU, Chico, along with your payment information, to rce@csuchico.edu or mail to:

Regional & Continuing Education
CSU, Chico
400 W. First St.
Chico, CA 95929-0250

How much does it cost to enroll in university credits?
The fee is $85 per unit for professional development activities; three units of graduate credit are $900 ($300/unit).

How do I obtain my CSU, Chico transcript that documents my earned university credit?
You can order an official transcript online through CSU, Chico Student Records and Registration for an additional fee.

Further information
Visit the NAEA and CSU, Chico Regional & Continuing Education website: http://rce.csuchico.edu/teachers/naea for additional details.

E-mail or call CSU, Chico's Regional & Continuing Education at (530) 898-6105 if you have questions.